A simplistic layout with a static background. The widgets on all of screens are placed within the white bar, creating the illusion that the middle of the screen is the only part moving.
I’m running Paranoid Android with Expanded Desktop enabled and using GMD Gestures instead of soft keys.
I set my Workspace UI under Paranoid Android Settings to Tablet mode (1000p), and set the User Interface Size to 250 DPI. This was done because the Phone Mode notification panel doesn’t seem to work with Expanded Desktop enabled, but the Tablet Mode one does. Also, it’s just easier to reach the notifications since they pop up from the bottom. I then set up a GMD gesture which pulls up the Notification panel.
The icons are modified versions from the Minimal MIUI Go Apex Theme available on the Play Store.
- 1. Unlock the Labs section of Nova Launcher by holding Volume Down on the Nova Settings screen, then enable Big Grid Size Options.
- 2. Set Desktop Grid to 11 x 7, width margin to Small, Height margin to Large, disable Show Shadow, disable WP Scrolling, enable Infinite.
- 3. Set the wallpaper using the Nova Launcher cropping tool
- 4. Install Minimalistic Text and place the files from splattext.zip in to the MinimalisticTextPreference folder on your SD card.
- 5. Create the text widgets by placing any Minimalistic Text widget on your homescreen, tapping on it, then scrolling down to Restore.
- 6. Extract the icons from splaticons.zip and place them in the folder of your choosing.
- 7. Place your 9 favorite apps/folders on your home screen, then long press them and assign the new icons using the Gallery option.
- 8. Install Big News from the Play Store and place/size it appropriately. The colors can be adjusted from the settings of the app.
- 9. Install HD Widgets and place a 4x1 Forcast widget on a new home screen. Size it appropriately.
- 10. Celebrate with punch and pie.