Original Version: http://mycolorscreen.com/2013/01/20/holo-cards-by-thand/
This tutorial assumes you have a Nexus 4 running a ROM/Mod that allows the software keys to be hidden, such as Expanded Desktop mode provided by Paranoid Android, Xylon, CM 10.1, and many other ROMS. If you plan on trying this on a device with a resolution other than 768×1280, expect to make some tweaks. I use GMD Gestures for navigation. I set my Workspace UI under Paranoid Android Settings to Tablet mode (1000p), and set the User Interface Size to 250 DPI. This was done because the Phone Mode notification panel doesn’t to work with Expanded Desktop enabled, but the Tablet Mode one does. I then set up a GMD gesture which pulls up the Notification panel.
Nova Launcher: 12×7 Grid, ‘Small’ Width, ‘None’ Height, untick Show Shadow, ‘None’ Scroll Effect, tick Infinite Scroll, untick Label Icons, tick Widget Overlap and Overlap when placing (these are absolutely CRUCIAL), 1 for Dock Pages, Medium Dock Margin, tick Dock as Overlay, None Folder Background, Stock Scroll Speed. If you can’t get your grid size to reach 12×7, make sure you have the Labs section of Nova Launcher unlocked by long pressing Volume Down while on the Nova Settings page. Under Labs, tick Big Grid Size Options. For anyone who might be interested, I also ticked UI Lock, Widget Image Async List, and Widget Image Cache.
Minimalistic Text: Used to create the titles of the cards, the clock and date, the category titles on Favorite Applications card, and the statistics on the Status and Settings card. For the card titles, place 5×1 widgets on your homescreen, tap the widget to edit it, scroll down to Restore and select the appropriate title for the page (DHC_Entertainment for the Entertainment card, etc). The same rule applies for making the category titles for the Favorite Applications card and the statistics on the Status and Settings card. They are called DHC_FA_XXX and DHC_SS_XXX respectively, where XXX is the title name. In the likely event you want to change the names of any of these, tap on Custom Layout (after you’ve used Restore to load the widget you plan to edit), tap the gray box that says Static Text, then edit the name in the window that pops up. The horizontal line for the Favorite Applications dividers are actually underlined empty spaces – so if you choose to change the name, you may have to add or remove spaces for the divider to retain the proper length. The clock and date are two different widgets – DHC_Clock and DHC_Date.
Simple Text Icon Creator: Used to create the text icons in the dock. To create the icons, long press the dock shortcuts you made and tap Edit > tap the icon > Icon Pack > Simple Text > home. From this point, edit the title to the appropriate name, then tap the menu icon and hit Save Icon.
Circle Battery Widget: Enable Show Background under the Circle section.
Desktop VisualizeR: Used for the white card backgrounds on all of the homescreens, the page indicator arrow, and the artwork on the Entertainment card. Starting on Page 1 (the leftmost homescreen), Add a 4×4 widget to your homescreen, stretch it to fit the ENTIRE screen, then tap it to edit. Tap Select Icon > Image Files, then choose DHC_Card1.png. Repeat this for your other homescreens using DHC_CardX.png, where X is the number of the homescreen you’re working on. The order is important because these images not only include the card background, but the page indicator arrow as well. For the artwork on the Entertainment page, create a 4×2 widget and use ‘DHC_Entertainment_Art.png’ as the icon. Select None for the Launch action.
- 1. NOTE: Watch the YouTube video for the most detailed explanation!
- 2. NOTE: For the dark version, make sure the files you're downloading say DHC somewhere in them.
- 3. NOTE: If the files/zips start with HC or and anything besides DHC, it's for the original light version.
- 4. Set the wallpaper using the Nova Launcher tool, which should allow you to select the entire thing with the Portrait setting.
- 5. Install Minimal MIUI Go Apex Theme
- 6. Install Minimalistic Text and place the .MTPREF files from HC_Text.zip in the MinimalisticTextPreferences folder in your sdcard directory.
- 7. Install Simple Text Icon Creator and place 'home—1358621776.xml' from Fonts.zip to the Simple Text/styles folder in your sdcard directory.
- 8. Install Nova Launcher, Eye in Sky Weather, Simple RSS Widget, Circle Battery Widget, Power Toggles, and Desktop VisualizeR.
- 9. See description for relevant specifics on how to set up the widgets mentioned in Step 8.
- 10. Create 'Jump to Page' Nova Action shortcuts and place them in your dock. 1 through 5, left to right.
- 11. ???
- 12. Profit.