- 1. Everything in description.
Minimal 4-pages skin, with ParanoidAndroid-like Popup Pies.
Credits go to SeriouslyCrazy for the icons, Spiderflyapps for the icon font, SilverDub, it0303@XDA and Deadnight.Warrior for helping me with the guide.
1280×720 devices – https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6g18c9fm9jdkno/Ultimate%20Minimal%20Pies%20-%201280%3A720.zip
1920×1080 devices – https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnokjfuvxiib5ic/Ultimate%20Minimal%20Pies%20-%201920%3A1080.zip
Fonts – http://www.spiderflyapps.com/downloads/android-developer-icons-the-font/
Icons – http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37636666&postcount=605
WHAT YOU NEED
- Nova Launcher (Free or Paid)
- Popup Widget (Paid Version is mandatory)
- Media Utilities
- Zooper Widget Pro
- Nova Launcher settings: 10×8 grid, NO horizontal or vertical margins, hide dock and hide status bar
- Popup Widget settings: full screen
- Media Utilities settings: Blank MetaData when paused, Zooper, use alternative data collection (may not be needed), attempt direct control (may not be needed), make coverart available
- Download the fonts from the above site
Unzip the packages and put:
- ZW files in /sdcard/ZooperWidget/Templates
- iconback.png in /sdcard/ZooperWidget/Bitmaps
- Widgets.db in /sdcard/PopupWidget_backup (if you don’t have this folder create it)
- Dev-icons-1.ttf and Dev-icons-2.ttf in /sdcard/ZooperWidget/Fonts
- Create 4 pages in your desktop
- Put a Zooper Widget in every page (the initial size doesn’t matter, even 1×1)
- Enlarge them until they cover the full screen
- Tap each of them, select SD Card and load in this order Home, Media Player, Weather and Calendar
- If you want, you can already set the widget action to “disabled”, so you don’t enter the configuration every time you tap.
- Go into “layout” and find the modules named “phone”, “contacts”, “sms” square. Edit their action and set a shortcut to the correct app (unless you’re italian, same as me)
- Open Popup Widget
- Tap on restore, you’ll see lots of new widgets with a question mark as icon
- Tap on the wrench of each of them and suddenly go back, you’ll see a Zooper icon in place of the question mark
- Finish the list until all the widgets have a Zooper icon, then exit Popup Widget
- Top circle for top pie
- Center of the clock for central pie
- Down circle for down pie
- As soon as you tap, a black square will come out, tap on it, SD card and load the appropriate pie (you can’t miss it)
- You can already set the widget action to “disabled” so it doesn’t open the configuration every time you tap on it
- FOR 720X1280 DEVICES: if something in the pies size/position seems a bit wrong, check the scaling of every widget and set it to 100%
Repeat the same process for every pie in every page, remembering that:
- Media Player doesn’t have a top pie
- Media Player pies can be popped only when something is playing, so you’ll have to listen a song to be able to configure them
- FOR NON SAMSUNG USERS: Calendar top pie’s alarm icon has a shortcut to samsung alarm. You’ll have to reset its action (look per a text module with a single letter)
- This skin drains a lot of RAM, around 70mb
- It may happen that a page disappears, usually the fixes are (in order): remove CPU from the battery saving, use a task killer, reboot Nova, reboot device.
- The above solution works also if the media player doesn’t update when you tap play button
- If screens continue to disappear after all this stuff, i’m afraid it’s due to your device (i have an unrooted Galaxy S4 with stock firmware).